Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A long time coming

I realized that I have not written anything in a long time, so I thought I would play catch-up while on my lunch break at work. I hope I don't get caught, lol. I work in the athletic department for our community college, and it is pretty laid back here.

My son has learned how to remove his clothing. I have to invest in some onsies, or some footy pajamas or something. My daughter never did this, so it is a whole new ball game here. At least he is cute. That makes it funny. Except nothing is funny at 4 am when you have to change the baby, the bedding, and clean the mattress. Last week, my sister was watching him and he took off his POOPY diaper and I guess the poop went flying. At least I wasn't home, lol.

My daughter started preschool this past September and is doing well. She is learning a lot of things, including how to make up excuses to get out of going at all. My favorite so far is, "My elbow hurts." Drama queen.

I have recently learned that my son is scared of hula hoops. My mom bought my daughter one and when Roger saw Rae hula hooping, he thought it was hilarious. I love his laugh. But then when she put the hula hoop down, he would not go near it. He walked completely around it. My sister thought it would be funny to roll the hula hoop at him, and I have honestly never seen that kid move so fast in his short little life. He tried running, but tripped and fell and then just crawled really quickly away, out the door and across my mom's deck. Happy news, though: I tried scaring him with it yesterday, and he just played with it. Darn. I really wanted to get that on video.

With my winter quarter here at school coming to a close, I am hoping that there will be some sort of job out there for me when I graduate in June. I have great contacts, great references, great grades, and I will have a diploma and several certificates by the time I finish, so I'm certain that my hard work here will pay off in a great job.

I think I remember starting off this blog last year with a post about my daughter's father and his girlfriend, who is now his ex. A couple weeks ago, he told me that he still loves me. I'm not really sure what to do with this information, but I told him (after a lot of thought and a couple of weeks) that I loved him too. I do. I'm just not sure I want to live with him, lol. He is really messy and I am something of a neat freak. He is the type who will throw his clothes on the floor next to the laundry basket. How insane is that? Why do people do that? And when I say people, I mean men, because generally they are the ones who do it. And then not even pick them up! It's horrible.

Time to get back to work. I enjoyed catching up, and I hope I will have more time in the future to write a little bit more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment